This application is for admission into the undergraduate Data Analytics Major at The Ohio State University. Only current OSU students may complete this application. Future OSU students are required to complete an admissions application and be admitted to the university first. This application can be found at apply.osu.edu.
February 1st - For admission during summer/autumn semester
August 1st - For admission during autumn semester. (We will review summer courses taken at OSU. Autumn semester schedule changes will depend on course availability.)
To be considered for admission into the Data Analytics program:
- Carefully review the online information about the major.
- Review the information on becoming a major for current Ohio State University undergraduates and future freshmen.
- Complete a typed cover letter and resume to be submitted with your application (See below for instructions). The application will also require a copy of your OSU Advising Report.
Complete required coursework at Ohio State University. Only applicants who have received a letter grade of C- or better in the required coursework will be considered for admission to the major.a. February 1st deadline - Applicants must have completed (and received a letter grade of C- or better) in these courses at Ohio State:i. CSE 2221 or higherii. At least one of the following Math or Statistics courses: Math 1152 or equiv, Math 2153, Math 2568, Stat 3201b. August 1st deadline - Applicants must have completed (and received a letter grade of C- or better), or be currently enrolled in (for summer term), these courses at Ohio State:i. CSE 2221 or higherii. At least one of the following courses: Math 1152 (or equiv), Math 2153, Math 2568, Stat 3201
- Fill out the online Data Analytics major application. This application is now closed. It will reopen in May 2021.
- The cover letter should be no more than 1 page long (11pt font or higher)
- The cover-letter should touch on the following three (3) themes:
- What are your long term goals, and how will the data analytics program help you achieve them?
- Which of the specializations most interest you and why? (Please note: you can write about more than one, and some specializations have more stringent criteria (Computational Analytics requires a 3.2 cumulative OSU GPA and Business Analytics requires a 3.0 cumulative OSU GPA)).
- Any other information you feel would help the Admissions Committee evaluate your application to the major. (Examples: any personal or academic challenges you have overcome, your leadership experience in college, previous work experience in coding or statistics)
- The resume should be no more than 1 page long (11pt font or higher)
Advising Report Instructions
- You can access your Advising Report in My Buckeyelink by clicking "Generate Advising Report".
- Save this unofficial transcript to your computer as a .pdf.
Instructions for uploading files
- All files must be saved as .pdf
- Your cover-letter and resume should be combined into one .pdf file with the name "lastName_firstName" (ex: Buckeye_Brutus). Your Advising Report should be submitted as a one page .pdf with the file name "lastName_firstName_AdvisingReport" (ex: Buckeye_Brutus_AdvisingReport)
- Applicants will upload their one (1) cover-letter and resume file to this application when prompted to do so.
- Applicants will upload their one (1) page OSU Advising Report to the application when prompted to do so.