This application is for admission into the undergraduate Data Analytics Major at The Ohio State University. Only current OSU students may complete this application. Future OSU students are required to complete an admissions application and be admitted to the university first. This application can be found at apply.osu.edu.
- February 1st - For admission during summer semester
- TBD- For admission during autumn semester. We will review summer courses taken at OSU. Autumn semester schedule changes will depend on course availability. We will update when we have decided on a deadline in early summer.
Complete (and receive a letter grade of C- or better) in these courses at Ohio State:
CSE 2221 or higher
At least one of the following Math or Statistics courses: MATH 1152 or equiv, (MATH 2153, MATH 2568, or STAT 3201)
NOTE: Students are eligible to apply for the TBD summer deadline if they are enrolled in one or more of the required prerequisite courses at Ohio State during Summer Term
Ready to apply to the Data Analytics program? Follow these steps:
- Carefully review the online information about the major and how to become a DA major.
- Complete a typed cover letter and resume to submit with your application. See below for instructions. The application will also require a copy of your OSU Advising Report.
Complete the required coursework noted above.
- Submit the Data Analytics major application by clicking on the link below.
The application window for admission during the Autumn 2023 semester is now closed. The next application deadline is February 1, 2024. Applications will not be reviewed until after that date.
- The cover letter should be no more than 1 page long (11pt font or higher)
The cover letter should answer the following three (3) questions:
What are your long term goals, and how will the data analytics program help you achieve them? (300 words maximum)
Which of the specializations most interest you and why? You can write about more than one. Note: Computational Analytics requires a 3.2 cumulative OSU GPA and Business Analytics requires a 3.0 cumulative OSU GPA. (300 words maximum)
Have there been any external factors that have negatively impacted your academic performance at Ohio State? If so, please explain. (200 word maximum)
- The resume should be no more than 1 page long (11pt font or higher). Should include any educational, work, volunteer experience.
Advising Report Instructions
- You can access your Advising Report in My Buckeyelink by clicking "Generate Advising Report".
- Save this unofficial transcript to your computer as a .pdf.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPLOADING FILES
- All files must be saved as .pdf.
- Your cover-letter and resume should be combined into one .pdf file with the name "lastName_firstName" (ex: Buckeye_Brutus).
- Your Advising Report should be submitted as a .pdf with the file name "lastName_firstName_AdvisingReport" (ex: Buckeye_Brutus_AdvisingReport).